"You know me I'm romantically challenged... our first Anniversary is coming up, so I give You control." was the Prayer of my Husband, just before our First Wedding Anniversary in 1996.

Afterwards he came to me and said.  "Our first Anniversary is coming up.  What would you like for me to get you?"

Not only was I surprised to hear his question I was equally surprised when I heard myself saying, "I'd like a Ring... size 7, silver.. with a heart in the middle of it, an Antique... or antique looking."
 
Because I had not thought about it in advance ... I remember my response very well.
 
My Hubby said he thought... 'Good, something solid to work with, that should be easy'....and immediately took me out to some Antique and Thrift Shops in pursuit of it.  We never found such a Ring... and even if we found one, we could only wonder how it would be provided for as our funds at the time were lean. After Prayer, we both let the desire go.
 
When our first Anniversary arrived, my Hubby said, "Since we could not find the Ring, what do you want to do for our Anniversary?"

I replied, "We are going to be buying this House at the end of the Month, and since our Home is a reflection of our relationship, let's work on fixing it up with us as a Couple in mind."
 
Through what to us was evidence of the Sovereignty of God and the fulfillment of Spiritual Promises given to me Prophetically before we met, while I was in Prayer alone 7 years earlier;*I hope to share details of that story in other Blogs if hope becomes reality* in a few weeks we were going to be purchasing a small Cottage my Hubby had been renovating on a Barter Basis for a Christian over the past year.  There were still a lot of unfinished Projects. While working on a Barter Basis, the Projects were done with future Tenants in mind ... After she offered to sell the House to us, at Father's urging and detailed instructions; (she resisted initially), we were delighted to discover we could think of ourselves.  For both of us... this would be restoration ... and possibly the Home we would retire in.

My Hubby said, "Great! I will work on any Project you want as my Gift to you." 

I suggested he work on the step leading up from the Mud Room which needed to be replaced ... As he pulled out some old wood and insulation, we talked while I watched from above. He told me later he noticed something shiny behind the insulation ... when he pulled it out and saw what it was... he blew it off and offered it to me with an awareness he was kneeling with one knee on the floor (like he was about to propose), as he said, "Happy Anniversary!" 

We were both in awe as to what he found ... an Antique Silver Ring ... size 7, with a heart in the middle of it!

Such a Testimony as this brings to mind Spiritual Principles:

'Seek first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness and all your needs will be met... God goes before us and makes the way... HE answers our Prayers before we even ask them', came to mind. Truly... the Spirit of God knew this day would come and had planned it in advance according to HIS ever unfolding plan for us!  Once again He proved His faithfulness to us... and revealed His Romantic Heart... another new aspect of His Spirit for us to experience.  Plus... as an added bonus, since that day... my Hubby has been romantic... even when he is unaware he is being such!  

For such as this and more I am truly grateful!

vocatus atque non vocatus Deus aderit  
Whether or not you ask Him God is Present.

May our thoughts and experiences bring us into a greater awareness the resurrected Spirit of Christ is ever present ... seeking to shower us with Unconditional Love and Spiritual Truths ... according to the New Covenant He established for all.
This entry was posted on 1:11 AM and is filed under , , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

13 comments:

On 12:28 AM , Joyful said...

This is a fantastic testimony of God's provision. Simply wonderful how the Father shows us his provision when we obey.

 
On 8:58 PM , Lauren said...

All I can say Bren, is WOW! God is AMAZING, isn't He? :)

 
On 5:30 PM , Unknown said...

Yeah... I agree... totally amazing... as are His ways compared to our own. Obedience and such spiritual experiences as described at this blog and my website have taught us Father is an economist. While writing as I looked back I saw how Char humbled Himself and said how he is not romantic and asked for Father's help. In answering that prayer, previous promises from HIM were brought to pass, in HIS perfect timing and ways... empowering us to come to know HIM in new and different and unexpected ways. Ways which mature us and change us, hopefully for the better as we come to know HIM ever more personally. I am in awe as to how HE keeps teaching while revealing HimSelf in ways which show me the more I come to know... the more I recognize I am in need of knowing when it comes to an intimate relationship with the Spirit of the Lord.

By the way, I may not be posting for a bit... lot's going on and this is our season to plant and tend our gardens as well, with the hopes of future harvests. I truly enjoy this time of year, it's a fresh season of private prayer for me where Father teaches me many spiritual lessons as the Master Gardener, urging me to put into practice the lessons being taught ... lessons which birth much understanding in the Spirit; understanding which enables us to continue to grow in Spirit and Truth. Perhaps I will be led to share some of these lessons in future posts. Anyone interested?

Often after such a season... I have new insights to write about... thus, if the hope I have within me becomes our reality... as inspired, I will be writing here too, once again in days to come.

In the meantime feel free to visit another place I write at, mentioned above: www.ActsOfTheHolySpirit.com As usual private correspondence via that site are always welcome... I love to meet and communicate on a personal level with those who consider themselves to be a part of the 'family of God'.

 
On 1:53 AM , Kitty Deschanel said...

You're lucky he asked. For my parents 1st anniversary, my dad gave my mom a carpet sweeper. It's a wonder they're still together! :p

 
On 1:07 AM , bren said...

LOL... like I've already said about you... I love your humor! Had a busy summer... but as soon as I finish up some last minute things to get ready for another season, will be back to posting! I sure do miss it.

 
On 10:01 PM , Inspiring You To Save! said...

Very beautiful ring. Visiting from the Blog Hops! Stop by when you get the chance. I have a Meet Me Monday blog hop and a Wandering Wednesday blop hop and I would love if you could join in.

http://www.inspiringyou2save.com

 
On 7:33 PM , Hanna said...

Hi there! I am your newest follower from the blog hop! Lovely blog you have:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

 
On 2:29 PM , bren said...

HI... and welcome Jessica and Hanna... will definitely check out your blogspots more thoroughly and suggest them in a blog when I start blogging regularly again during the winter months!!! Am new to blog hopping... will have to investigate that more carefully too. Any insights would be helpful.

Thanks for your kind words. I hope to be posting here as soon as I finish putting my garden to bed for the winter and finishing canning the pears and apples that are coming in.

My daughter had a baby this Summer, so I have been especially busy helping her, as she had a c-section and with a daughter who turned two when her son was born, she was in need of my help. Just after things started settling down, she sprained her ankle... so she had more need of my help. Was sorry that she was in need, but it's been a wonderful time of bonding for all. I LOVE being a mom and 'mom mom' as my granddaughter calls me.

I mostly post here during the winter months... and try to do so regularly once I start up again for the season. I read and write elsewhere too... and try to live a balanced simplified life as I do. I have lots of ideas in my folders for future blogs and am eager to begin here again. I miss it very much....

 
On 10:58 PM , Jen Rebo said...

Wow! I LOVE it when God does stuff like that! :-)

 
On 7:20 PM , Willow said...

I love this story, and I want you to know it was on the way back from Williamsburg with my friend, Kathleen when I saw a sun dog (rainbow from cirrus cloud ice) in the sky and Kathleen said, "You should sell the house at the end of your drive to Bren and Charlie." God obviously agreed! You live a wonderfully balanced simplified life, giving much pleasure to others. Love, Willow

 
On 3:44 PM , bren said...

Yes Willow, we see so clearly how we were destined to meet as God has been so gracious and revealed to us our purpose in meeting many times. I have felt led to leave this Article at the Top of the Blog, so others can easily find it. Perhaps soon I will be adding more stories as we have so many wonderful stories of how God meets our needs in suddenlies and unexpected ways. (((hugs))) to all who read here.

 
On 3:45 PM , Kathy said...

what a beautiful testimony to our Lord "all things are possible with God " !!!

 
On 4:26 PM , Unknown said...

Again... thanks kindly for your comment Kathy! YES ... when things like that happen as well as Miracles, like what took place with your Grandson's Miracle on his deathbed, one KNOWS "all things are possible with God".