Years back I read or heard that it takes 14 times of doing something to form a habit and wisdom comes through experience. While doing something repeatedly a groove is formed in our brain. The more we do it the deeper the groove is embedded. I have kept this in mind... especially as I have gotten older and desire healthier ways of thinking and being; not only in regard to the wisdom and good habits which could come, but also keeping in mind to the old ones I'd like to replace.

DailyGood a while back seems to confirm what I read years ago. It said: "Brain researchers have discovered that when we consciously develop new habits, we create parallel synaptic paths, and even entirely new brain cells, that can jump our trains of thought onto new, innovative tracks".

I've mentioned the link Daily Good before... for those who missed that link here is a sample from one of their Blogs:

Daily Good News



Knowledge is not the same as wisdom."
"Yeah, what's the difference?"
"You know how to clean a windshield, right?"
"Yeah."
"Wisdom is doing it." --Peaceful Warrior

Be The Change:

Do you have knowledge that you are not putting into action because you are waiting for more knowledge? This week translate that knowledge into action ... and perhaps wisdom will arise from the experience.

Oh....  and as your Being the change please keep in mind the ways you use the Key of Balance  and you may want to consider Christine Holbaum's Book The Power of Slow. There is a Chapter on Habits.  Here is my Review on her and her Book.

Enjoy!
This entry was posted on 1:11 AM and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On 1:26 AM , Joyful said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
On 9:58 AM , Unknown said...

I hear ya... thanks for taking the time to respond to these... and thanks to all of my other Readers as well.

 
On 10:23 AM , Unknown said...

Penny... I erased your comment by accident. So sorry about that. Was attempting to erase mine so I could change the wording to include the welcoming of new Followers.